- Kyiv, Warsaw, Remote
- English: Upper-intermediate
- Engineering & QA
Next great challenge is coming:
We are looking for a Technical Artist to act as a bridge between the artists and programmers.
You will be responsible for ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
Becoming one of the Dragons you will:
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools;
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation;
- Review the creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements;
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency;
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline;
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems;
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes.
Expectations are clear:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry;
- 2-3 years of experience as a Modeler, SFX Artist in the game industry;
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer;
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity are also important;
- Understanding of GPU processes, visual effects performance dependency;
- Expert in modeling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.);
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Content optimization experience and pipelines;
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package (e.g. 3DsMax) and game engines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Ability to work with technical documentation.
You’re a rockstart if you have:
- Experience with Material Editor in Unreal Engine 4;
- Experienced in developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, Max, etc.);
- Knowledge and experience working with HLSL;
- Experience working with Houdini and integrating it in UE4;
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of high-level coding language. (Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, etc.).
Grow with us, we’ve got you covered:
- competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough);
- challenges to raise your XPs score (professional trainings and conferences, internal mentorship);
- health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave;
- culture of diversity & inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents;
- community of people who understand your game passion.
Join Dragon’s Lake Entertainment and take challenges you’ve always been dreaming about.