- Kyiv, Warsaw, Remote
- English: Upper-Intermidiate
- Art & UI
Next great challenge is coming:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Technical Animator, who would contribute to improving our pipelines & workflow regarding the technical aspect of animation working on projects of the AAA level.
BECOMING ONE OF THE DRAGONS YOU WILL:
- Implementing characters & animations into Unreal Engine 4/5;
- Developing new and improving existing gameplay animation systems and animgraphs;
- Ensuring that the in-game animation setup is top-quality, and benefits the player’s experience in gameplay and visual perception;
- Master the engine and animation tools in terms of knowing the limits and propagating the corresponding changes to pipelines;
- Test work in-game to provide feedback and suggestions;
- Collaborate closely with engineers, animators, and designers, providing each other with support and brainstorming new ideas;
- Rigging and skinning characters and props;
- Work with physics systems for rigid/soft bodies, hair, and cloth.
EXPECTATIONS ARE CLEAR:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in video game technical animation;
- Strong understanding of Node Based state machine creation and modification in UE4;
- Understanding of fundamental rigging & animation principles;
- Relevant software experience – Motionbuilder, Maya or Blender or 3Ds Max, and UE4;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with Artists and Software Engineers;
- Ability to explain technical aspects to Animators, animation aspects to Engineers, and all aspects to Game Designers;
- Open-minded team player attitude;
- Passionate about playing and making video games.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Good skills in keyframe & motion capture animation;
- Ability to create tools and write scripts to help improve the animation pipeline;
- Experience with physics simulation on cloth, hair, and other physics items.
Grow with us, we’ve got you covered:
- Competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough);
- Challenges to raise your XPs score (professional trainings and conferences, internal mentorship);
- Health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave;
- Culture of diversity & inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents;
- Community of people who understand your game passion.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that’s why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.