- Kyiv, Warsaw, Remote
- English: Upper-Intermidiate
- Game & Level Design
Next great challenge is coming:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Level Designer who is devoted to creating great gameplay experience and memorable game worlds and would help us create top-notch game levels on our partnered AAA titles for PC and Consoles.
BECOMING ONE OF THE DRAGONS YOU WILL:
- Develop level layouts, flow and balancing, following the game’s creative vision;
- Implement gameplay events to high quality, focusing on creating and implementing unique player experiences;
- Iterate your work through play-testing, usability, live ops and feedback from peers & leads;
- Participate in prototyping to prove-out early design concepts;
- Run and / or participate in meetings, reviews, and planning sessions as part of effective communication with design and other teams — both internal and external;
- Be a team player and know how to play the balance game between gameplay, aesthetics and technical restrictions, to achieve the team’s common goal;
- Mentor and develop less experienced level design team members.
EXPECTATIONS ARE CLEAR:
- 5+ years of industry experience in a Level Design role;
- Minimum of 1 Shipped AAA title with at least one of the current generation consoles;
- Experience with popular and/or proprietary game engines;
- Exceptional sense for pacing, rhythm and flow of gameplay;
- Full understanding of moment-to-moment experience in games and how to control it through level and mission design;
- High level of spatial thinking and perception of spaces in games;
- Good understanding of Mission Design and some visual scripting competency;
- Experience creating documentation, maps, pacing/flow graphs and diagrams;
- Able to create and/or conform to rigid naming conventions, workflows and internal pipelines and rules;
- Proactive work ethic, capable and creative problem solver, not afraid of big challenges, but also seeks feedback and interprets what is said and what isn’t across the team;
- Work towards a common goal, collaborate with other departments and play the balancing act between gameplay, artistic and technical goals;
- Passionate gamer at heart, with vast and up to date knowledge of video games;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
You’re a rockstar if you have:
- Good grasp of Unreal Engine;
- More advanced mission and event implementation skills through visual scripting tools;
- Basic knowledge of architecture;
- Artistic skills (modeling, drawing, painting, etc.);
- Variety of different game genres in CV/Portfolio like Action-Adventures, RPGs, Competitive shooters, etc.
Grow with us, we’ve got you covered:
- competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough);
- challenges to raise your XPs score (professional trainings and conferences, internal mentorship);
- health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave;
- culture of diversity & inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents;
- community of people who understand your game passion.
Join Dragon’s Lake Entertainment and take challenges you’ve always been dreaming about.