- Porto, Barcelona
- English: Upper-Intermidiate
- Art & UI
We are looking for a talented Environment Artist to join our team and help us create visually stunning environments. You are part of the whole process of level creation, starting with translating concepts into 3D shapes, defining key architectural elements, asset creation, lighting and all the way to placing small props, rocks and foliage. Create low-poly and high-poly 3D assets to bring levels to life.
BECOMING ONE OF THE DRAGONS YOU WILL:
- Creating standalone or modular low-poly and high-poly assets of the highest possible visual & technical quality
- Creating aesthetically stunning and believable environments
- Photorealistic texturing of environmental objects and baking textures to a PBR standard
- Establishing and maintaining rigid technical requirements for asset creation and level dressing, managing memory, frame rate limits and budgets
- Complying with game metrics and creating game-ready assets
- Following game Art Direction, working with both internal leadership and our external partners
- Working closely with Design teams to maintain gameplay quality & ensure that narrative intentions are preserved and enhanced through art
EXPECTATIONS ARE CLEAR:
- 3+ years of experience as an Environment Artist in the video games industry and at least 1 shipped title on modern platforms
- Foundation in the traditional arts
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure and silhouette in regard to modeling
- You love architecture, as well as organic and nature art and have an excellent eye for interpreting reference and concept art. You have a solid appreciation for how things work in real-life.
- Proficient in current generation industry-standard tools and workflows, such as Maya, Blender, Unreal, Photoshop and Houdini.
- A team player, flexible with new ideas and open to direction and changes.
- An active contributor to the craft, promoting a transparent and learning culture within the team.
Grow with us, we’ve got you covered:
- competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough);
- challenges to raise your XPs score (professional trainings and conferences, internal mentorship);
- health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave;
- culture of diversity & inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents;
- community of people who understand your game passion.
Join Dragon’s Lake Entertainment and take challenges you’ve always been dreaming about.