- Porto, Barсelona
- English: Upper-Intermidiate
- Art & UI
We are looking a Senior Combat Designer to be responsible for significant contributions to game design, with a focus on combat, moment-to-moment gameplay, and character implementation. Work with the Lead Designer and fellow Designers to design, implement, and maintain combat-centric systems, game balance, and character tuning.
BECOMING ONE OF THE DRAGONS YOU WILL:
- Establishes design schedules and creates working design documents.
- Designs and scripts game experiences, including implementation of characters and their navigation, combat movesets, and in-game particle effects.
- Works closely with the Animation Department to generate mocap shot lists and help direct mocap performances.
- Creates AI behavior specs.
- Play and evaluate combat constantly over the course of the project, iterating and re-doing work to reach a high degree of polish.
- Participates in regular, hands on interaction with Team members to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements.
EXPECTATIONS ARE CLEAR:
- 5+ years game design experience.
- Shipped at least 1 title with a strong emphasis in combat design and implementation
- Passion for action and fighting games with a focus on combat mechanics.
- Strong programming or scripting knowledge and experience required
- Direct experience in implementing navigation and/or combat mechanics (with a preference on melee based combat) on at least 1 shipped titles
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills..
Grow with us, we’ve got you covered:
- competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough);
- challenges to raise your XPs score (professional trainings and conferences, internal mentorship);
- paid vacation and sick leave;
- culture of diversity & inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents;
- community of people who understand your game passion.
Join Dragon’s Lake Entertainment and take challenges you’ve always been dreaming about.