- Kyiv, Warsaw, Limassol, Remote
- English: Upper-Intermidiate
- Art & UI
Dragons Lake is looking for an experienced Character Artist to join an established, veteran team of developers on an original, unannounced IP. As a Senior Character Artist you will help design and translate 2d concepts into dynamic and believable characters that set the bar for creativity and complexity in a deeply atmospheric dark-fantasy world.
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications
- Sculpt/model UV & texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline
- Verify the quality of objects in the game and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve Character Art pipeline
- Monitor the quality of outsourced character assets to ensure technical and artistic integrity
- Provide proxy models for early game integration
- 4+ years of experience in video games
- An excellent portfolio demonstrating strong modeling and texturing of game ready characters
- Expert of high fidelity modeling techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
- Ability to create a sense of ‘story’ and ‘character’ in a game asset – taking into account age, weathering and context
- Strong understanding of human and creature anatomy
- An understanding of clothing and cloth materials
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Max, Modo, or similar 3D modeling software
- Knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity) is an advantage
- Visualize in three dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
- Sense of proportion and composition with an eye for surface, color, and detail
- Experience in cloth simulation is a desired skillset.
Grow with us, we’ve got you covered:
- competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough);
- challenges to raise your XPs score (professional trainings and conferences, internal mentorship);
- health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave;
- culture of diversity & inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents;
- community of people who understand your game passion.
Join Dragon’s Lake Entertainment and take challenges you’ve always been dreaming about.