- Remote, Poland, Romania, Spain
- English: Upper-Intermidiate
- Art & UI
We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Game Designer who would help us guide the engineering team on our partnered AAA titles on Unreal Engine 4 for PC and Consoles.
If you’re up for a challenge, don’t hesitate and apply! 🙂
BECOMING ONE OF THE DRAGONS YOU WILL:
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team;
- Allocate duties and follow the evolution of the team’s progress on deliverables;
- Able to drive and follow-up on prototyping (both digital and paper based) with other game designers, artists and programmers;
- Develop and own the vision for a game from concept, development to live operations.
- Daily coordination with Production, Art, Tech, Game Design, and other teams — both internal and external teams.
- Define all game features and create relevant game design documentation.
- Oversee implementation of features to ensure they are built according to specs.
- Decide on needed iterations through play-testing, usability, and live ops.
- Partner with the Lead Level Designer and a team of content designers to ensure high quality content in line with the game’s vision.
- Take concepts from one-pagers to complete game designs with the help of your team.
- Participate in prototype efforts to prove-out early design concepts.
- Present new game concepts, designs and stories to executive leadership and stakeholders.
- Drive to build a creative, world-class design culture.
- Ability to communicate your designs and vision to colleagues from different professional backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of games’ commercial appeal, and motivations to different player demographics.
- Take accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish.
- Work unsupervised and take ownership and full responsibility of specific features and systems.
- Multi-task like a pro.
EXPECTATIONS ARE CLEAR:
- 4-5+ years of game industry experience;
- 2+ years of experience designing games as Lead Designer;
- At least one PC or Console game shipped as a Lead Designer;
- Proficiency in clear communication of complex concepts, including experience in creating project documentation.
- Ability to provide focused and inspiring creative leadership, and to coordinate and motivate a whole team;
- Understanding programming/scripting in game design and experience working with Unreal Engine 4, its Blueprints, Behaviour Trees, EQS and other such systems;
- Very strong problem-solving abilities;
- Very strong leadership skills and autonomy to drive own creative team;
- Strong English both written and verbal;
- Passion for PC and Console video games is a must!
Grow with us, we’ve got you covered:
- competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough);
- challenges to raise your XPs score (professional trainings and conferences, internal mentorship);
- paid vacation and sick leave;
- culture of diversity & inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents;
- community of people who understand your game passion.
Join Dragon’s Lake Entertainment and take challenges you’ve always been dreaming about.