- Europe, Remote
- English: Upper-Intermidiate
- Game & Level Design
You are a vision holder; creatively you will lead multiple Design teams and define the overall game direction for the game, negotiating the project’s creativity and scope with key stakeholders, production teams and publishers.
You are a champion of design, can clearly define core gameplay pillars and how they directly translate and impact the moment-to-moment gameplay experience.
We believe you are a natural leader. As a manager, you inspire, guide and mentor three Level, Game and Tech design teams to reach their maximum potential and to consistently perform at their best by providing clear, precise direction while maximizing their autonomy and creativity.
You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator with many years of experience working across multiple game crafts. You have a deep understanding of the specific challenges each design department strives to meet. This allows you to properly evaluate, adapt, compromise, and positively work towards solving problems across multiple axis.
In addition to working on a project, you’re also an evangelist for game design across the company with an ambition to nourish and improve our design culture and processes.
BECOMING ONE OF THE DRAGONS YOU WILL:
- A natural leader with a deeply creative mind and equal parts desire and ability to overcome truly unique design challenges
- Nurture and communicate the design direction to ensure the launch of incredible game experiences
- Inspire, motivate, mentor and lead a team consisting of level, game, tech, and UX designers
- Closely work with design department Leads and key stakeholders to plan, prioritize and set goals together to facilitate an iterative and creative process
- Evaluate progress on a daily basis through playtests
- Actively participate to improve and evolve our design culture and strive to create an ideal environment for creative talent
EXPECTATIONS ARE CLEAR:
- 7 + years of game industry experience
- 3+ years of experience designing games as Lead Designer
- At least one PC or Console game shipped as a Lead Designer
- 10+ years of creative work across multiple types of games and at least 5+ years managing and directing a design team
- Experience working on world class, narrative driven action-adventure games
- You’ve shipped multiple titles from inception to launch in a design role
- Problem solving mentality with an ability to manage internal and external expectations and to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation
- Able to adapt to varied learning and communication styles of team members and others
Grow with us, we’ve got you covered:
- Competitive financial reward (yes, we are fair enough)
- Challenges to raise your XPs score (professional training and conferences, internal mentorship)
- Health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave
- Culture of diversity & inclusion to unite the most outstanding talents
- Community of people who understand your game passion
Join Dragon’s Lake Entertainment and take challenges you’ve always been dreaming about.